March 29, 2024, 02:02:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Scales in Control Mode  (Read 3817 times)

Flipsos

Scales in Control Mode
« on: August 20, 2014, 02:56:50 pm »
I actually bought the beatstep because I read somewhere that you can do that. Now I figured out it is not possible : (
Or is there a way to do this? I want this feature so bad.

syrupcore

Re: Scales in Control Mode
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 06:05:26 am »
You can manually set pad scales via the editor but I thought this would be automatic too. I saw the firmware update about transposition in control mode and read too much into it I'm afraid.

To be clear, when in Control Mode I'd like to be able to hit 'SHIFT' and then "Dorian" to have the pads automatically map to a Dorian scale (can default to C on pad 9). Setting it up manually is possible but then it takes a preset slot. For evidence of why someone might like this, load up Thumbjam on your ios device. :)

A possible meet-half-way point could be a feature in MCC that set the pads to a scale automatically for you instead of going through each pad one by one. I've only done two and I'm already wishing for automation.

syrupcore

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 11:16:38 pm »
I wrote a little Javascript thing to generate the scales listed on the face plate. Attached is a zip with 7 blah.beatstep files you can load in into MCC and send on down to your BeatStep. Think they all start at c3. You can transpose on the device, graphically in the MCC editor or open the .beatstep file in a text editor (not word, a text editor like textedit or notepad) and make the changes manually.

Look for items in the first half of the list ending in _3" like "112_3": 74—those are the pad note values.

Change the number (74 in the example above) up or down 12 steps to transpose them all. 112_3 through 127_3 are the pads. Note that these have the lower notes on pads 9-16 (which maps to 119_ through _127 in the text file).  Save it, load it into MCC and store to your BeatStep.

Beeski

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 08:58:13 pm »
Thanks for sharing syrupcore, saved me a lot of time  :D

syrupcore

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 10:15:23 pm »
Ha. Forgot all about this. Glad it helped.

Torben Scharling

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 12:52:55 am »
Is this thing still working? nothing happens when i import them into mcc

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines