March 28, 2024, 11:16:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark .dll missing  (Read 4113 times)

ste_clectic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Spark .dll missing
« on: August 22, 2014, 03:01:21 am »
I purchased and installed V Collection today on my Windows 7 laptop. All products installed in both standalone and vst except for Spark Vintage drum machines. Spark only installed in standalone. I've tried several reinstalls being careful to specify the correct vst path but to no avail.  ???

I'm unsure as to how a .dll actually works. If Arturia were to send me a .dll would this resolve the issue or are .dll files installation specific?

Schrage Musik

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark .dll missing
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 12:56:47 am »
I can't quite remember the Arturia installation procedure. Added to this, I don't know your level of computer expertise. With this latter in mind, I hope I don't in any way patronising.

Usually, when you install a program that comes as standalone AND plugin, you have to specify or accept a path for each (2 plugin paths if using 32 and 64 bit). I wonder if the Spark plugin specified a wrong location? Perhaps (and this is just an example)   it installed to something like:-

C:\Program Files\Arturia\VST

when it should have gone to:-

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase\VST

or something like that.

ste_clectic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 06:09:20 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I've searched my entire C drive. I've also tried specifying different paths in the hope that I could move the file to my VST folder.

ste_clectic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 09:29:05 pm »
 :'( Bump  :'(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines