March 29, 2024, 06:21:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab in Machine 2.0  (Read 6046 times)

Justin Green

Analog Lab in Machine 2.0
« on: May 27, 2014, 03:25:24 am »
Hi all!

Quick background. I am rather new to production, Maschine and midi. However, I am not new to DAWs or recording music in general.

I recently purchased the Keylab 49 to use with Maschine and the keyboard came with a program called Analog Lab. The sounds in Analog Lab are great and I have been trying to figure out how to record them in Machine software. I have tried connecting the midi ins and outs to the midi ins and outs of Maschine. I was then told by a rep at guitar center that I need to run Keylab through an audio interface and can only "sample" the sounds coming from Analog Lab with Maschine 2.0. I connected the keyboard midi ins and outs to interface (Focusrite 2i4) and that is connected to my MacBook via USB. I still cannot get the thing to record in Maschine. I have tried countless combos of input out put settings in Maschine, yet I still cannot record in Maschine.

On a side note, I do see Analog Lab listed in the plug-ins under preferences. Is there a way I can load the sounds from Analog Lab directly into Machine and use Keylab simply as the controller. I feel it would be much easier than sampling every time. Thanks for any input!

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
Re: Analog Lab in Machine 2.0
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 09:28:14 am »
The keylab is only a midi controller not a synth it only sends midi data no audio its the trigger part of the hybrid

The analog lab instrument is the synth part of the hybrid so your need to use this

Hope this helps

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 11:29:15 pm »
Yup, it's basically a software + controller package.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Brody gawryletz

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 09:25:31 am »
I'm using Studio One with the keylab 61. I also have Analog Lab and have a simple question. I'm new to all this so please keep your answer understandable. Can I use the analog lab sounds in studio one to record?? Is their anyway I can record in studio one with all the sounds from analog lab?

Jerome Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 03:04:28 pm »
Brody gawryletz: yes, you can record Analog Lab sounds under Studio One.
This article (from Presonus's knowledge Base) explains you how to open a plug in (Analog Lab in this case) in Studio One:
http://support.presonus.com/entries/238232-Studio-One-How-do-I-add-a-3rd-party-VST-to-Studio-One-

Let me know if further assistance is needed.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines