April 19, 2024, 03:51:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to reduce latency?  (Read 3665 times)

Goa Travellers

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How to reduce latency?
« on: August 29, 2014, 01:09:30 pm »
Hello,

This is what I have:
 - BOME's Mouse Keyboard software
 - Keylab
 - Win7 laptop
 - Pair of monitors
I use Microsoft GS wavetable in BOME's Mouse Keyboard software to play the piano using my Keylab.
The latency is too much (about half a second).
When I hit the laptop keys to play the piano on BOME's Mouse Keyboard software, there is very little latency.
How do you think I could reduce this latency with Keylab?
Thanks,

soularpower

Re: How to reduce latency?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 12:08:07 pm »
I have the same issue with a KL25 plugged into a W7Pro very high spec laptop, running Cubase. I would like to use the KL25 as my main VI controller, but the latency is very very high. To the point of making it useless...

Goa Travellers

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 01:58:15 pm »
I solved it using a high-end soundboard (RME HDSPe AIO). On my other computer, I'm using an RME Babyface, and the problem was solved too. The culprit in my case was the onboard soundboard. Then, of course, use the ASIO driver that comes with the professional soundboard. Super snappy response. I'm also using Cubase  8)

soularpower

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 10:56:39 pm »
Hey thanks Goa - actually I have a MOTU card here that I can connect up, but just for general info for anyone else who finds this thread, I didn't even need to hook my MOTU up. All I had to do was download and install ASIO4ALL and set my audio device to that driver. BINGO!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines