April 18, 2024, 10:18:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to set up microbrute  (Read 8593 times)

hutz24

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How to set up microbrute
« on: August 31, 2014, 08:11:14 am »
Hey
Can anybody help me, I recently purchased microbrute, I've plugged it in by USB, the keys work as a normal keyboard but I'm puzzled on how to get my knobs, faders and the mod matrix to work.
Do I need to set something on preferences.
Any help will be great thanks

Bacon

Re: How to set up microbrute
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 07:35:27 am »
As explained in other posts on this forum, the Microbrute does not, and will never be able to, send knob and fader values over MIDI. The controls are directly connected to the analog sound-generating circuits for patch creating purposes. There is no connection between them and the digital parts of the synth.

The mod matrix is used by connecting the ENV and LFO CV OUTs to any of the six CV ins using the two orange patch cables that came with the synth. Sit down with your Microbrute, read the manual, and follow the Quick Guide and the rest of the instructions. This will give you a good understanding of both the Microbrute and analog synthesis in general.

hutz24

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 08:44:50 pm »
Thank you for the reply

How do I connect to the analogue sound generating circuit

I have no idea what that is
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:47:46 pm by hutz24 »

Bacon

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 10:52:33 am »
The analog sound generating circuits is the electronics inside the Microbrute that produces the sound. It is already connected. As I said, read the manual that came with the synth. Everything is explained there very clearly.

Really, you should read the manual before starting to ask questions on the forum about the most basic things of the synth.

But I'll give you some brief help: connect your headphones to the headphone out on the Microbrute (or connect a 1/4'' instrument cable from the line out on the Microbrute to an amplifier or an input on your soundcard). Turn up the volume on the Microbrute, press down and hold a key, turn up the level of one of the waveforms (I suggest the Saw for the most basic synth sound), set the filter to LP, and turn the Cutoff knob fully clockwise. You should now hear a sound.

Now, again, go read the manual.

And please don't spam all the subforums with the same or almost the same question.

hutz24

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 12:21:54 pm »
I have plugged my headphones into the back of the microbrute and everything works. How do I now send it to my external speakers

RadicalAns

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 03:28:24 pm »
One solution for DAW integration could be the Keith McMillen Instruments QuNexus. It has multiple CV outputs that can be modulated via a DAW. If I'm reading their website correctly you can use it to control pitch, filter cutoff, pulse width, supersaw, overtone, and metalizer via your DAW. I actually have one of these on order, so I'll report back when it arrives.

More info and a video  here: http://www.keithmcmillen.com/qunexus/cv

benway

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 08:35:13 am »
I have plugged my headphones into the back of the microbrute and everything works. How do I now send it to my external speakers

Line Out.

steun

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 03:23:32 pm »
I suggest reading the manual. I didn't know anything about synths. But after I read the manual I understand it all. It's a very good manual!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines