March 28, 2024, 04:23:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Setting Up MicriBrute in PreSonus Studio One Artist  (Read 3483 times)

AndreasSteiner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Setting Up MicriBrute in PreSonus Studio One Artist
« on: September 05, 2014, 07:27:42 am »
Hi there,
I am trying to setup up the MircoBrute for use with PreSonus' Studio One Artist software on a Win 8.1 laptop. As the MicroBrute does not have a MIDI out socket, I am connecting it via USB to the laptop. In Studio One, two emulated MIDI devices show up: "MicroBrute" and "MIDIIN2 (MicroBrute)" / "MIDIOUT2 (MicroBrute)". Whatever device I choose, the MicroBrute stays mute when trying to play MIDI tracks and I cannot record any MIDI data coming from the MicroBrute.

Thank you for you assistance in advance!
Andreas

Bacon

Re: Setting Up MicriBrute in PreSonus Studio One Artist
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 01:11:04 pm »
I don't have acces to my Microbrute right now so I can't help you with the MIDI device question, but I think it's been answered in an earlier thread on the forum.
To record and play back MIDI data however, you must make sure that the track in your DAW receives and sends on the same MIDI channel as the Microbrute is set up to send and receive on.
Also, make sure you don't have Microbrute Connection running at the same time as the DAW, since this will block the MIDI device.

AndreasSteiner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 09:09:01 am »
In the meantime, I solved the issue: As you have pointed out correctly, one factor was the MicroBrute Connection blocking. Things started to work when uninstalling MicroBrute-related drivers in the Windows devices settings and rebooting the computer.

The new problem now is that hooking up the MicroBrute via USB seems to create considerable noise on my audio box (PreSonus Audio USB) which can be heard on audio recordings. There is no noise if I connect the MicroBrute via the physical MIDI In port to the MIDI Out port of the audio box. Any pointers from you side how to address this new issue? Thank you and with

Greetings,
Andreas

RadicalAns

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 03:33:16 pm »
That noise is most likely a ground loop. I've run into this a lot when using USB and audio devices. I'd say first, make sure you're using TRS audio cables to connect your brute to the audio interface. If you're still hearing hum try this guy. It's basically an isolation transformer that will break the ground loop. It has 2 channels, but you'll only need one for the microbrute. I've used a Behringer version (the linked one is cheaper) and  and it worked like a charm. Hope this helps.

AndreasSteiner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 06:20:46 pm »
Thank you for sharing your experience. I can confirm that USB must be the culprit. In the meantime, I traded my MicroBrute for a MiniBrute, which has Midi In & Out. So I actually don't need the USB connectivity anymore. All noise issues are gone.
Greetings, Andreas

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines