March 28, 2024, 03:29:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Recording/Exporting Tune Events as MIDI to DAW  (Read 1042 times)

zygmorph

Recording/Exporting Tune Events as MIDI to DAW
« on: September 06, 2014, 05:52:05 pm »
Because of major latency issues when running Spark 2 as a plugin from within Reaper, I am using it standalone and routing MIDI from Reaper to Spark.

I just bought this wonderful thing yesterday so please bear with me... After having created a sequence in Spark (which included a synth line made using Tune mode) I dragged the MIDI export icon into Reaper and voilą! Lovely.

HOWEVER. The pitch controller data for the synth line didn't make it over. So the pad just plays at one pitch. I also did a little experiment where I recorded the pitch data from a SparkLE interface knob itself directly into Reaper... and while I could hear the effects in real-time, and they were most certainly recorded, they had no effect on playback.

ADDITIONALLY. When I record MIDI events from SparkLE into my DAW directly (as opposed to exporting midi afterwards), sequences created with Tune mode are interpreted differently: rather than a combination of the pad note event plus pitch controller events, the each pad gets its own MIDI note, which, when played back into Spark, are not interpreted correctly... i.e., as the tune I originally recorded.

Help?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines