March 28, 2024, 03:04:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Love my Origin!  (Read 3053 times)

Major Kong

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Love my Origin!
« on: September 14, 2014, 08:09:36 pm »
I had a great gig last night where I used the Origin (desktop) on a couple of songs for the first time in a live situation.

Love it!

I had it hooked up to my Kurzweil and used those two in parallel with pads on both and first used the volume control to smooth the Origin into the soundscape and then the joystick for added liveliness and depth. That, combined with the excellent aftertouch capabilities of the Kurzweil keyboard, adds icing to the cake in my setting.

Thank you Arturia! Will all the bashing going on I though you needed to hear this  ;D

K
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:11:53 pm by Major Kong »

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
Re: Love my Origin!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 05:04:05 pm »

Amen. I still think it is one of the most powerful, deep, and beautiful synthesizers ever created. The user interface and workflow alone should have won awards.

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 07:58:10 pm »
Love my Origins too (yes, I have two!) and I agree with Hermitnerd about its UI and workflow.

But same time I concratulate all users that have no problems with their units. I seem to have more and more hw-issues with my newer Origin kb. This one is used only at home at just one place and there's absolutely nothing I could have done better. So build quality is poor with Origin and that's a big shame. Other thing is Arturia's customer service which is total disaster. I opened one more time a new service case and wait for a miracle to happen...

I really try keep some hope cause this instrument really sounds great and it's so much fun to use. Well, if it works. I have to try because otherwise I feel I am two times an idiot. At least I have one Origin which works and I keep my fingers crossed to have it like that.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:05:48 pm by JacksonP »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 10:21:07 pm »
Another one here. I like my Origin. A lot  ;D

chimpy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 05:35:29 pm »
I too still have a lot of fun with my Origin, luckily I have not had any real problems with it. But I sympathise with those who do.
It could have been an outstanding platform if they had stuck with supporting it though, perhaps it could potentially have been one of the all time greats. In my opinion.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines