April 19, 2024, 05:05:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab 49 seems to not be transmitting aftertouch  (Read 2315 times)

GravityJim

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
KeyLab 49 seems to not be transmitting aftertouch
« on: September 14, 2014, 11:59:35 pm »
My new KeyLab 49 is a pretty great desktop controller, with one problem: it is advertised as sending aftertouch messages, but it apparently is not.

Ive been trying to figure out if this is a setup problem in MIDI Control Center, or if the hardware is defective (it happens). Anyone else have this problem and solve it?

Thanks.

GravityJim

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: KeyLab 49 seems to not be transmitting aftertouch
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 07:44:43 pm »
After going through the recalibration sequence for MIDI paramters, I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware problem.  When watching the Afterouch parameter on the KeyLab's own LCD Disolay, I can see that Afterouch messages (in the form of voltage numbers) are begin generated.  So the sensors that do this are A-OK.

Seems it's either sending the wrong MIDI info (which seems impossible) or it's getting blocked someplace.  I'll keep digging.  But any help would be appreciated.  Has anyone here every had a problem with KeyLab failing to send a specific MIDI message?

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 04:10:21 am »
If you are on windows grab midi-Ox a free program which will display all midi data received, that way you will know for sure what is being sent.

http://www.midiox.com/

GravityJim

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 06:30:01 am »
I found the Mac equivalent, and it was a big help.  Thanks for the tip (jeez, I shoulda thought of that!).... I found the problem and got it fixed (the messages were being filtered out in the sequencer).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 06:35:27 am by GravityJim »

Adrien

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 09:14:16 pm »
Simply use the MIDI control center unified it can be used to look into your keylab settings and shows the message coming from it like MIDI OX.

see here: http://arturia.com/support/updates&manuals#keylab49

Best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines