March 28, 2024, 06:25:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute as Midi-Controller Plus  (Read 7941 times)

reevus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Minibrute as Midi-Controller Plus
« on: August 13, 2015, 04:36:46 pm »
A question for the Forum:  I know the Minibrute can act as a midi-controller for another synth (or at least I think that's the case) - but can it do that while having its own synthesizer function under control of another unit, say a sequencer. 

An example might be:  would it be possible to use the MB as midi-controller to play a Waldorf Blofeld synth while at the same time using a Doepfer Dark Time sequencer to control a different pattern through the MB synth itself (via CV/Gate)?

Related to this - if used as a midi-controller for another synth, can the apreggiator of the MB control the other synth as well as playing via the MB keyboard?

Thanks.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Minibrute as Midi-Controller Plus
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 04:47:00 pm »
Yes, MiniBrute accepts MIDI CC 122   (Local On/Off Switch) so the synth part "disconnects" from it's "controller section" and then it's only playable from CV and/or MIDI DIN/USB while the controller section becomes just that: a controller-only MIDI output section.

Be aware that only the note keyboard (Note, Velocity and Channel Aftertouch) and the Pitch and Modulation wheels output MIDI, everything else (sliders+knobs) are hardwired to the analog section of the synth, so there's no MIDI output from those.

reevus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 05:03:06 pm »
Thank you, very helpful.

felman

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 11:49:55 pm »
Yes, MiniBrute accepts MIDI CC 122   (Local On/Off Switch) so the synth part "disconnects" from it's "controller section" and then it's only playable from CV and/or MIDI DIN/USB while the controller section becomes just that: a controller-only MIDI output section.

Be aware that only the note keyboard (Note, Velocity and Channel Aftertouch) and the Pitch and Modulation wheels output MIDI, everything else (sliders+knobs) are hardwired to the analog section of the synth, so there's no MIDI output from those.

hi
when i move my modwheel it sends controller 33 messages along with modwheel messages is this a malfunction?
i try to controll another synth(nova) with mini's modwheel and it keeps altering the mix volume of my 3rd oscillator(controller 33) in the nova

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines