Hallo all cs80v users.
As dedicate CS-80Vist my wish is to see this wonderful thing improved day by day to such a level of perfection that it would become definitely the ultimate soft-synthesizer for musical expressiveness and timbrical power.
That's why I would like to make this thread a confrontation yard and a place to share informations between CS-80V users and Arturia developement staff ,wishing all the occasional bugs would be fixed as well as any sound improvement made.
Actually, the most significant bugs I found are:
1. unpleasant sound artifact when using the ringmodulator at low modulation amount ( the harmonics change like some kind of "flanging" or sync or pulsewidth modulation )
2. the ringmod A-D levers don't work in real time
3. the ringmod modulating sine needs a subtle improvement ( on the CS-80 the sine looked like something between a regular sine and a triangular )
4. There are some annoying quantization stepping when moving especially the ring modulator levers
5. the ribbon controller has an "audible" pitch return when releasing the control , unlike the original where the pitch switched immediately to the starting point
The above bugs, although don't compromise the overall quality of this instrument , need some cure .
Now , here are a couple of wishes I hope there will be included on an hypothetical version 2.0:
First of all this thing needs free running oscillators as soon as possible!next....
1. A Microtuning page with 16 (sixteen) microtuning trimmers ,one for each virtual voice card . I think this would hit a fundamental center in this emulation : the original suffered from the problem that , even with the higher tuning accuracy , the voice cards weren't perfectly tuned almost ever, so each note sounded slightly different from the other and, by layering the synthesis lines there could have been some differences ,e.g in detuning, from one note to the other....
By summing up this feature with TAE could put the "V" shockingly close to the sound of the original!
2. An External Control Input to use as a Sub Oscillator Wavform (as on the original )
3. To have the RM as a Destination choice on the Matrix : yes I know it is mono and global for all the voices but I would be happy even with fixed assignation e.g. Velocity to RM-MOD or (Channel)Aftertouch to RM-MOD
4. Some subtle cosmetical fixings, for example to restore a correct "colour code" to the panel presets , e.g. :all the "FUNKY" presets on GREEN buttons and "GUITAR" presets in Yellow and substituing the "12" writing with a "P" for Panel settings.
5. Useful to add more keyboard and pckey shortcuts for example to recall a panel preset on the fly while playing rather than using mouse
6. A general re-design of the patch storage seems needed: the ability to save a patch per synthesis line rather than a general patch saving would be much more respectful of the original character
These are my wishes. Now I would be glad to have your opinion ;-) !