April 20, 2024, 05:02:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI IN Keyboard Delay  (Read 5070 times)

dzy88p

MIDI IN Keyboard Delay
« on: August 10, 2003, 07:26:47 am »
I have a Roland MIDI keyboard going into MMV and when I play the external keyboard there is a delay of about one-fourth to one-eighth of a second before I hear the sound.  It does not occur when I play the MMV keyboard.  My MIDI cable is not too long and I have set the MMV to emulate a quick, percussive attack.

This in unacceptable for performance.  Any ideas of what I can do to fix this problem?  I thought for sure somebody else here would have encountered this problem.

Thanks!

FlameTop

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MIDI IN Keyboard Delay
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 12:29:09 pm »
Sounds like sound card latency. What are you using as a soundcard and what as a MIDI interface? Is this using MgV stand-alone or in a host? If stand-alone, which drivers do you have selected?
==
FT

dzy88p

MIDI IN Keyboard Delay
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 07:05:39 pm »
Crstal WDM/Legacy
Edirol interface
Standalone

I haven't tried lowering the latency setting.  Will that help?

dzy88p

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MIDI IN Keyboard Delay
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 03:36:27 pm »
Well yesterday the whole program just disappeared?!?!?  The window came up but it was totally white, no cabinet display.  Hmmmm....

Anyway I reloaded the software and then downloaded the update from this website.

I had noticed before I lost the program that latency was set at 99ms.  I set it to about 50ms and everything seems to be working fine now.

So now I'm not sure if there was a software problem, or if it just needed the update, or if it was just the latency setting.

Oh, well, I'm happy now!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines