March 28, 2024, 10:19:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute Firmware Update / Sync Question  (Read 3168 times)

lentoNinos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Minibrute Firmware Update / Sync Question
« on: November 06, 2012, 10:50:16 pm »
Is there an eta on the new firmware?

I know there will be updates to the midi implementation, but what else can we expect?

I know that I have previously suggested a transposable sequencer mode (ala SH_101!).

It would be nice to have the arp sync to an external trigger. I use a boss dr-110 as the master clock in my setup and have no midi other than the minibrute. With all of the CV ins and outs on this guy I thought that there would be a way to make this happen, but the best I can do is to send the trigger to the gate, which is not nearly as useful as clocking the arp.

Would this have to be a hardware modification or is there a software solution that would allow the audio input to be used as a clock source?

I have been looking into boxes that will convert trigger pulses into midi clock, I just don't want to spend the extra cash if the functionality is coming in the future.

p.s great work on this synth Arturia!!

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: Minibrute Firmware Update / Sync Question
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 09:31:36 am »
Hi,
I will release soon (this week?) a beta on the forum. It's mainly a bug fix release, so no new features on this one.
Turning the audio input into a trig input would require both firmware and hardware modification. I didn't spend much time on it but i believe that the hardware mod would be quiet easy. So MAYBE on day IF it does work properly, and IF it is doable by someone no too qualified, I MAY release an article on how to modify your MB. But nothing is planned at this time, so I would advise you not to count on it.

Bruno
Arturia Hardware

lentoNinos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Minibrute Firmware Update / Sync Question
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 09:21:41 pm »
I have found a solution to syncing the minibrute's arp with the trigger out of my dr-110. If you have a monotribe with the midi I/O mods, it will convert sync pulses in (dr-110 trigger) to midi clock out! I know this was a big problem for me, I hope it can help anyone else (that wants an analog master clock to drive the MB arp and also has a monotribe...)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines