March 28, 2024, 10:42:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ASIO drivers issue with MiniMg V 1.5  (Read 5535 times)

cenobite

ASIO drivers issue with MiniMg V 1.5
« on: May 02, 2005, 08:06:21 pm »
Ok ... these problems are torturing the hell out of me.

I am TRYING to use the MMV version 1.5 (kinda works BUT) and there are a few things that I just can NOT seem to get to work correctly.

First.
P 4 3.0, 512 MB RAM, Creative Audigy 2 with full ASIO support. the reason I went with the Creative Audigy 2 as opposed to the E-MU 1212M or something similar, is because I use the computer for other than music, and also I did not need the extra features that came on the 1212 due to the breakout box I have. I am using a MIDI breakout box on the MPU 401 port on the card. The Audigy 2 is more or less the same card or very close to the 1212m more or less. Also have an M-Audio Keystation 61e for MIDI controller, running it in midi pass through an Alesis SR-16 24 bit drum machine. I also use the keyboard as a midi trigger for the drum machine.

The problem lies herein.

Drivers ... When I start the MiniMg up, it never holds the driver settings. I have it set to use ASIO. I get errors when loading aSIO drivers and it takes 3 steps to get them to load. I get an error stating ERROR loading ASIO driver. I can't use ASIO 24/96 drivers as nothing happens. I have to select Creative ASIO drivers and then 48000. then I have to exit and RE-ENTER the prefs to RESELECT the ASIO driver AFTER I set it to 48000. If I set it, it works fine, until I exit the programme and restart it. It is back to ASIO with no driver or bitrate selected, the midi device selection is back to ALL instead of the one I select and so on. It seems to revert back to an older setting that will not go away. I have uninstalled it and it STILL goes right back to where it was. Does the same thing on the ARP 2600 demo.

Also when I start the programme, it always starts in BASSES bank no matter what I exited with. Like the config file is corrupt and will not update. But as I said I have uninstalled and reinstalled the programme ... twice actually.

Any ideas?

FabP

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 11:51:51 am »
When starting the Stand alone MiniMg V, it is always the same sound that is selected, there is no save of the last used patch.

For the ASIO driver problem, sometimes we have some problems with the standalone version, but It may come from a conflict between the 2 asio drivers that you have.

but you can try to look in the registery :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Arturia\miniMg V\Settings

Where the sound card settings are stored,
to modify it manually or delete it before reinstalling if it remains in the registery.
Fabrice PAUMIER
ARTURIA Marketing Manager

dingebre

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 08:06:54 am »
I get the same problem with the MiniMg and the Creative ASIO drivers. I get similar problems selecting the Creative ASIO drivers with the MMV, too.

I purchased an M-Audio Delta1010 LT, and have none of these problems, but still have to start and re-start the MiniMg a coule of times before it will try to load the Creative ASIO, but then have to select a sample rate, then reselect the Creative ASIO driver before it will actually use it.
David M. Ingebretsen M.S., M.E.
Collision Forensics & Engineering, Inc.
801 733-5458

rictheobscene

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.ghettoanalogue.com
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 01:55:24 am »
Creative's ASIO drivers are horrible. I have heard about positive results with using ASIO4All with Creative cards.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines