April 24, 2024, 01:04:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: When is the next version (1.5?) going to be released?  (Read 3858 times)

RoyOrbisonCS-80

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
When is the next version (1.5?) going to be released?
« on: May 12, 2005, 08:16:59 am »
Now that the miniMgV 1.5 is out, when can we expect the 1.5(?) :wink:  of the CS-80V??? :?:  

I have another  :?:.   Has anyone tried to run the V through the External Input of the real deal (on the back panel)? I believe you can affect external audio inputs with the CS80's Chorus and Tremolo effects. Mine is up in a studio in Memphis and I can't get there right now to test this out. If I'm right, then I bet it would be hard to differentiate the virtual from the physical version. Some of the patches I've played around with are as good as the original, I just miss that wobbly chorus. :cry:

sincerely,
ROCS-8O

omissis

When is the next version (1.5?) going to be released?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 09:46:41 am »
Hi ROCS
The External input was used to convert an analogue signal into CV to be used as a source of modulation ( on the SUb OSc section there is an "Ext" choice), so you could have wild pitch or filter or VCA modulations made with a microphone or a guitar or a jacked whatever....I don't know how good a similar technology is today i digital domain, anyway I thought about it because it was and also is a rare feature on a synthesizer!!
Here's a link of an mp3 showing a CS-60 with Rmodulator faded into signal and Ext input modulating the pitch

http://personal.inet.fi/private/matador/cs-60_ringmod1.mp3

About version 1.5 AFAIK it should be avaliable from half June....I think Xavier is working really hard on it...with me crushing his balls too :wink:  :wink:  :wink: !!!
Max

a CS-80Vist

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines