March 28, 2024, 03:22:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Retuning Arturia Synths ?  (Read 8291 times)

brick

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Retuning Arturia Synths ?
« on: May 13, 2005, 11:31:44 am »
Hiya guys ,

Just a quickie for ya , is it possible to retune any of arturia's synths via Logic 7's tuning options or are we stuck with 12ET ?

regards

brick

FabP

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 02:00:22 am »
You mean the global tune of the synth ?
I think it will be possible with the next update of the CS-80 V, but for all the others it is not possible.
Fabrice PAUMIER
ARTURIA Marketing Manager

brick

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 09:58:01 am »
hey Fab ,

yeah im talking about the global tuning of all the synths . Its not currently possible to retune any softsynths , other than logic's own ones via the tuning settings , so we are basically stuck with 12ET at 440hz which is severly limiting. If u could "open" up the tuning for the arturia synths , we would have a whole new world at our fingertips.

brick

FabP

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 02:54:19 am »
Thanks for your idea..
I'll talk about that to the developers,
it may not be too difficult to do.

Why do you want to retune your soft synth exactly ?
Fabrice PAUMIER
ARTURIA Marketing Manager

brick

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 09:36:53 am »
hey fabp ,

if u could get this implemented it would truly make my year as i use all 4 Arturia synths heavily.
The reason , well with the current tuning limitations , i can only compose using a very limited number of conventional musical scales. If this limitation was removed , i (and evryone else) could use more esoteric and diverse scales e.g chromatic just 4ths or the 7 just minor diatonic scale , plus it would let people make up their own scales to suite their tastes.
There is just such an enormous musical world out there but composers are very limited unless softsynths support full microtonal retuning.

regards

brick

drbach

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 04:00:32 am »
There's another reason also. Logic 7 support the Hermode-Tuning System. With the Hermode Tuning it is possible to play harmonies in a clean intonation like a string orchestra e.g. Details on http://www.hermode.de/

regards
Daniel

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines