Every sound engine you need
From soft acoustic timbres to deep hard-edged bass, atmospheric choir pads to granular percussive glitches - with Pigments, anything is possible.
Combine any pair from 4 dynamic sound engines to create a double-edged sound that’s totally unique to you, with different types of oscillators, algorithms, detailed sampling capabilities, and so much more...
Access the expansive world of additive synthesis, allowing you to create your own custom waveform down to the finest individual harmonic detail. Build acoustic string & wind sounds from scratch, or modulate for aggressive material timbers that demand your full attention.
Experiment with up to 512 partials, dual customizable formant filters that can be morphed from A to B, odd and even harmonic customization, partial distribution, complex frequency windows, and more.
Huge basses, razor-sharp leads, and dense digital pads await with Pigments’ advanced wavetable synth engine. Choose from over 160 wavetables, select any waveform snapshot, or morph between them - you can even import your own wavetables to unlock limitless possibilities.
Transform any wavetable beyond sonic recognition with dynamic tools like phase distortion, wavefolding, and rich unison & voice controls - make it your own.
Our award-winning analog emulation technology lets you harness the iconic sound of the best synths ever made, in the context of Pigments’ advanced stereo architecture. Enjoy the sought-after vintage warmth and timeless retro charm of analog keyboards, monosynths, and modules.
The Virtual Analog engine offers 3 oscillators complemented by noise and unison features. Each oscillator has 5 waveforms to choose from, as well as its own tuning, FM, and keyboard controls, much like the coveted bass synths of old.
Browse hundreds of samples, or import your own, and render any sound into a detailed granular synth patch at the touch of a button. Warp, contort, stretch, and modulate your samples for timbres ranging from ambient texture to surreal grainy keyboard sounds.
Choose from 8 granular waveforms, with detailed interconnected controls for grain density, length, start position, pitch, and much more - take any existing sound and effortlessly mould it into something beautifully musical.
Whether you’re using Harmonic, Wavetable, Virtual Analog, or Sampling, Pigments lets you add equal depth and texture to any sound with the Utility engine.
This additional engine can be added to whatever pair of sound engines you’ve chosen to create your sound, allowing you to add an extra oscillator and up to 2 layers of sampled noise.
CrossMod introduces cross modulation between both active engines. Either engine can be used as modulation source or destination, paving the way for wild harmonics, unusual waveforms, and extreme sonic results - from acoustic resonance to razor-sharp metallic timbres.
A bass sinewave with Cross Modulation affecting Frequency, Phase, then Phase Distortion followed by Wavefolding.
Granular Engine with a shiny bell-like sample that cross modulates a simple sine Wavetable.
Sine wave modulated by round-robin piano samples, then Unison, then wavetable position increasing to a saw wave shape.
Pigments features twin morphing filters that can be customized to taste. Choose from 10 filters, from legendary analog self-oscillating ladders to bleeding-edge modern options like surgeon, formant, and comb.
Refine further with enhanced routing, giving you detailed control over your signal chain. Wire your filters in series or parallel, route each filter to a separate FX bus, or sum both filters pre-FX for that all-encompassing finishing touch.
Modulate practically any parameter with anything you choose, with no limit on the number of connections.
Make changes graphically, with source or destination-based editing. Understand how different elements behave and interact with clear visualization, with the color-coded modulation source strip visible at all times - never let your modulation out of site.
The Keyboard panel gives you a quick access, on-screen MIDI keyboard to audition your sounds, as well as giving visual feedback on what Pigments is receiving from your controller or DAW.
A trio of hugely powerful, multi-parameter envelopes can be used statically, or animated with modulations with any source or destination you desire.
A triple bill of fully-customizable LFOs that sync, reset, or free-run to suit your needs, with continuously variable waveforms that let you modulate any aspect of your sound you can imagine.
Create one-shot sub-sequences or endless looping animations with three editable Functions. Draw your animation, assign it to anything, Pigments makes advanced synthesis easy and fun.
If you want elements of your synth sound to have an exciting random, or controlled random element, Pigments gives you tweakable Turing, binary, and sample & hold random options to explore.
Choose a source parameter, choose a modulator, choose how you want them to interact, and you’ve just made a new combinator. An amazing way to create experimental modulations that will keep your imagination running wild.
Add the finishing touches with some studio-grade FX.
Pigments’ FX panel offers twin insert buses and a send bus, each one letting you choose and combine any 3 of the premium effects to create a truly refined, mix-ready sound.
- NEWDistortion - 16 modes of distortion in one, from germanium fuzz to wavefolding, plus built-in filtering.
- Pitch Shift Delay - A clean, modern algorithm for creating exciting pitch-shifting ambience.
- Flanger BL-20 - A faithful reimagining of an elusive analog studio effect.
- Chorus JUN-6 - One-touch analog sparkle and stereo fatness, taken from our faithful Juno-6 emulation.
- Multiband Compressor - An essential dynamic tool for creating a tight sound without ever leaving Pigments.
- Multi Filter - 5 additional & essential resonant filter curves to further shape your sonic response.
- Param EQ - A 5-band parametric EQ for continuous, detailed control over the important frequencies.
- Compressor - Control peaks and fatten up your sound with a beautifully transparent compressor.
- Bitcrusher - Inject a touch of lo-fi goodness with beautifully digital downsampling.
- Chorus - A classic modulation effect for animating and widening any sound.
- Flanger - Unmistakable overlapping jet engine sweeps and resonant peaks.
- Phaser - A classic chunky modulation effect that oozes guitar pedal attitude.
- Stereo Pan - Subtle manipulation of the stereo field for adding width to any mono sound.
- Delay - Straightforward time-based ambience.
- Tape Echo - Delay with vintage color, based on classic guitar FX units.
- Reverb - Give your sound some space with a detailed yet simple reverb algorithm.
Pigments comes loaded with 1200 of the best presets for house, dub, trap, lo-fi, and everything in between, created by the best sound designers, producers, and beat makers in the business - so you can get exploring straight away.
It doesn’t end there - as you explore presets, get real-time tips from the designers themselves by hovering over the ‘ideas’ icon, showing you what parameters to tweak to make the most of each sound. You can even add your own notes for future reference.
Organize your own custom presets and expand Pigments’ library with our monthly Sound Banks, including artist tributes, instrument-themed releases, and the hottest genres in music production.
Learn while you play
Laying everything in front of you like no other software instrument, Pigments lets you truly visualize your sound and understand what’s happening, and why.
See your sound
See how waveforms behave, how modulation affects your sound, and how frequencies change in real-time thanks to constant visual feedback.
If you’re a synthesis beginner, or you’d like to expand your knowledge, Pigments’ in-app tutorials will lead the way, starting with the basics and going into full sound design detail - letting you explore at your own pace.
Whatever your ability, style, or level of familiarity with synthesis, Pigments’ layout, language, and workflow is designed to be accessible, enjoyable, and easy to understand.
- : Win 8.1+ (64bit) PC: 4 GB RAM; 2.5 GHz CPU.
2GB free hard disk space
OpenGL 2.0 compatible GPU
- : 10.13+: 4 GB RAM; M1 processor or 2.5 GHz CPU.
2GB free hard disk space
OpenGL 2.0 compatible GPU
Works in Standalone, VST, AAX, Audio Unit, NKS (64-bit DAWs only).
The software is protected by the Arturia Software Center. You can learn more about it here.
All manufacturer and product names mentioned on this page are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Arturia. The trademarks of other manufacturers are used solely to identify the products of those manufacturers whose features and sound were studied during the development. All names of equipment, inventors, and manufacturers have been included for illustrative and educational purposes only, and do not suggest any affiliation or endorsement by any equipment inventor or manufacturer.
- Two engines in parallel with a choice of:
- Virtual Analog triple osc engine
- Complex Wavetable engine (including over 160 wavetables)
- Sample & Granular engine (including sample library)
- Harmonic Oscillator additive engine
- Third Utility engine
- Analog-style oscillator layer with 5 waveforms and 6-octave range
- Dual noise sample players with built-in sample library
- Visual interface with color-coded modules and graphical feedback
- Dual filters with continuous series/parallel routing
- Classic filter types from V Collection instruments
- Modern filter types
- Powerful FX section
- Insert or Send routing
- Modulable parameters
- 18 FX algorithms, from vintage to cutting-edge
- Dedicated distortion module with 16 algorithms and built-in filtering
- Advanced modulation system
- CrossMod feature introduces cross modulation between engines 1 & 2
- Graphical editing, source-based or destination-based.
- Envelopes, LFOs, Function generators, Random src, ...
- Extensive, ever-growing library of 1200 presets
- Polyrhythmic Sequencer and Arpeggiator
- Create complex, custom and evolving sequences/arps