The original prophet
While the Prophet 5 was known for its 2 oscillator analog warmth, the Prophet VS used four digital wave table oscillators giving a crystal and clear sound. We have recreated both of these classic machines to give them the detail heard in the originals.
The perfect blend
While Prophet 5 and Prophet VS were great machines, what if you could blend the two?
Our Hybrid mode is an astounding combination of Prophet 5 and Prophet VS. The result is an entirely new sound palette at your disposal: the analog subtractive synthesis plus the digital wavetable / vector synthesis of the other, both available at once in one massively powerful instrument.
When I got my hands on it I was blown away...Trent Reznor
( Nine Inch Nails )
With the possibilities offered in hybrid mode, this is infinitely more than just two classic synths bundled together. A real winner in my book.Lyle Mays
( Jazz composer )
Track made with 12 instances of the Prophet V. Additionnal drums have been programmed with an E-mu morpheus.
"I have chosen to create a track from the period in which the Prophet 5 and VS rained supreme synth: the 80's. The bass sounds are deep, the highs very airy and atmospheric. It was easy to achieve the 80's funk disco style of the time using the Prophet V.
Drum'n'Bass. Track made with Prophet V only, except for the drums.
Demo track made with Prophet V only, except for the drums. Pad sounds programmed with Prophet Hybrid. Sequenced with Cubase SX.
A Trance track by Yohannes Regnier - Silicon Sound - using the Prophet V (Except the hi-hat cymbals and the snare drum samples).
Track made with Prophet V only, including drums. 16 instances of the Prophet V have been used in Ableton Live 5.0, one reverb from Live and one or two compressors. The final mix has been made with the Sony-Oxford limiter in Protools 7.0 M Powered.
Electronic Trip Hop. Track made with Prophet V only, except for the drums.
- Three synthesizers in one: Prophet 5, Prophet VS, Prophet Hybrid
- All the original parameters of the Prophet 5 and Prophet VS
- New audio connection matrix
- New modulation matrix switch for the 2 synthesizers
- New Chorus and Stereo delay effects
- More than 400 presets created by talented musicians and synthesizers specialists
- Compatibility with the Presets of the original synthesizers
- No aliasing from 0.1Hz to 16kHz
- Calculated precision : 64 bits
- Sample Frequency : until 96 kHz
- Compatible with a MIDI keyboard
- 2 analog oscillators for the Prophet 5
- 4 wavetables oscillators for the Prophet VS
- Capacity to synchronize Osc2 on Osc1 for the Prophet VS
- 1 Mixer with joystick and automation envelope for mixing the 4 oscillators of the Prophet VS
- 1 resonating low pass filter for the Prophet 5
- 1 multimode resonant filter for the Prophet 5
- 3 LFO that can be synchronized with the tempo of the host sequencer
- 5 envelopes: 2 ADSR; 3 5 point envelopes
- Polyphony of 2 to 32 voices with the unison possibility
- Audio quality and purity as in the original Prophet 5 and VS