We started with the classic and rare Vox Continental 300 dual manual organ and captured every nuance of the original, right down to the key contact timing and background noises. Beyond this we also modeled the follow up product from Vox inventor Tom Jennings...the J70 organ so you get two products in one.
This year's super model
While both of these organs will create all the classic sounds, we took them further and added Extended modes with even more drawbars, and extended percussion section.
There is also an impressive collection of vintage stomp boxes to process your sound and output options of a traditional guitar amp, Leslie or direct out. These new options give you access to a much richer pallet of sounds that will help you to define your own sound.
I love the Vox Continental V by Arturia. It's definitely that Vox sound but with so much more plus it won't fall apart like my Vox's do.Tom Furse
( The Horrors )
When I was sixteen and determined to join a rock band the first keyboard I bought with money earned working Saturdays at the local record store "Jennings" in Bexleyheath was a Vox Jaguar single manual organ. It was the same instrument I took to the Elvis Costello audition a couple of years later, and played on my first recording "Watching the Detectives". This is the sound that coloured the album "This Year's Model" Arturia have brought this wonderful electronic musical instrument into the twenty first century. All the parameters you would expect 'tweakable' have been faithfully reproduced. Great attention to detail. The only thing we need now are the chrome S shaped legs. I love this V instrument, the Arturia Vox Continental sounds as cool as the original, and moves with you more easily. Killer.Steve Nieve
( keyboardist )
I put the VOX Continental V through an amp bearing a similar name and couldn't tell the difference...Matt Berry
( Producer - Composer )
If your Voxy Lady breaks down on a permanent basis, or if you can't get your hands on the real deal: this is the next best thing, and I've tried a few sound-emulations for the VOX. I can't believe that it was possible to recreate that very unique sound digitally. Now, can someone build the VOX Continental V into the original housing, so it's ready for touring?Lana May Loveland
( The Fuzztones )
- Physical Modeling of the VOX Continental 300.
- Added models of the ultra rare Jennings J70.
- Extended mode allows for more controls and more sound possibilities.
- Includes classic stompbox-type modeled effects.
- Modeled Guitar Tube Amp and Rotary Speaker outputs for vintage live sound.
- Extensive MIDI mapping of pedals, effects and sound engine parameters.
- Modeled amplifiers: *Fender Deluxe Reverb Blackface, Fender Twin Reverb Blackface, Fender Bassman, Marshall Plexi, Leslie Speaker.
- Modeled microphones: *Shure SM57, Sennheiser MD 421, Neumann U 87.
- Convolution reverb with custom classic spring reverbs.
- Dual manual VOX 300 emulation
- Jennings J70 voice engine mode
- Classic red/orange VOX skin or UK VOX/Jennings grey skin
- Upper manual, lower manual and bass pedal sections
- Complete MIDI mapping
- Multiple output effects processors
- Supports MIDI splits or independent channels per manual
- Tight integration with Arturia Keylab MIDI Controller keyboards
- VST, VST3, AU, AAX and standalone versions.
- EXPANDED mode :
- Adds a full compliment of drawbars for each harmonic
- Adds a new waveform drawbar on each section
- Vibrato, tremolo, reverb, overdrive and more effects
- Leslie™ and guitar amp simulator outputs
- Expanded percussion section with short and long decay times
- OPEN mode :
- Allows for individual tuning of each pitch like a real VOX
- Increase or decrease the key contact timing (simulates older key contacts)
- Switch between the VOX 300 circuit emulation and the updated Jennings J70 engine.
- Increase or decrease the background noise bleed that older VOX/Jennings have.