Sound with an attitude
Origin sounds like nothing else on the planet.
It takes the concept of the analog modular systems of the past to a new level using cutting-edge digital technology. You can combine different modules from different systems, designing new synthesizers that have never existed. Take the oscillators from the Mini, the filters from the CS-80 and the Bode shifter from the modular synth designed by Bob Moog to create your own synth. Origin is based on TAE®, True Analog Emulation, which guarantees an extremely warm, lively and powerful sound. How can Arturia manage to do this in a standalone hardware synth? Origin uses two Analog Devices TigerSHARC® DSP processors that actually have more audio processing power than even the newest multi-core PC processors.
Perform in style
The Multi mode lets you play up to 4 synthesizers at the same time. You can layer them to create amazing sounds, split a keyboard or use Origin as a source for 4 different tracks in your sequencer. In addition, the Macro mode allows you to control the 4 synths at the same time, making Origin one single instrument. When you know that each of these synths can be as big as our modular V, you get a glimpse of the power beneath this beast.
Best of both worlds
Besides that, Origin is not a simple hardware synthesizer; it’s an integrated system offering the best of the hardware and software worlds. With several knobs and buttons, a large color display, joystick, direct access to such fine synthesizer templates as the Mini or the Jupiter-8, Origin arguably is a breakthrough in the world of digital instruments.
Analog Devices TigerSHARC®
Analog Devices TigerSHARC® processors provide the highest performance density for multiprocessing applications, with peak performance well above a billion floating-point operations per second. In everyday language, that means Origin has the ability to provide an incredibly warm and fat sound while also offering high polyphony. It is the most powerful synth on the market.
- Operating sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Two voice modes: Program / Multi
- TAE® Sound generation system
- Maximum polyphony: 32 voices
- Sound Structure (Program Mode):
- up to 9 oscillators (including analog emulations of ARP 2600, CS-80, JP8, Prophet 5/VS, a couple of Bob Moog’s best, and noise modules)
- up to 4 wavetable oscillators
- up to 4 filters (switchable multimode filters including analog emulations of 1, 2 & 4-pole LP, HP, BP and Notch modes)
- up to 4 output VCAs
- up to 5 mixers (4 "Minimixers" and 1 "Joystick mixer")
- 1 RingMod
- 2 faders
- 1 Bode Frequency Shifter
- up to 4 poly LFOs and 2 mono LFOs
- up to 8 ADSR envelope modules
- 1 Galaxy module
- 1 2D envelope
- Sound Structure (Mini Template Mode):
- up to 3 oscillators; one 4-pole LP resonant filter, and one mixer
- 2 envelopes; one LFO and one modulation matrix
- 10 effects including chorus, delay (stereo & ping pong), reverb, distortion (including the new tube distortion), dual phase, parametric EQ, bit crusher, ring mod, and rotary
- 3 effect slots per Program with serial and parallel structures