KeyLab under the hood
The KeyLab 88 keyboard controller is made for performance and maximum expression. Designed with the modern musician in mind, the KeyLab 88 is the perfect companion for the professional musician who uses a laptop or an iPad®.
This premium controller features a hammer-action keybed from Fatar and is a perfect match for the included Analog Lab software. Pre-assigned controls make this the ideal solution for on-the-spot sound creation. Simply connect KeyLab 88 to Analog Lab and you can put your mouse away, enjoying the same workflow you would have with a traditional hardware synthesizer.
KeyLab 88 offers a new depth of control over your favorite synthesizers and software. Its Multi mode allows sounds to be split and layered, its many controls can be configured for practically any MIDI purpose, and its great-feeling pads are ready to launch clips, play chords, sweep a filter, or let you take an impromptu drum solo!
And since it is USB class-compliant, KeyLab 88 is compatible with any other music software you own.
More than just another keyboard
The foundation of the KeyLab 88 is its high-quality, hammer-action Fatar keybed, created to give you the response and feel of a fine acoustic piano. Then we added transport controls to work with your favorite DAW, along with plenty of assignable knobs, sliders, and buttons to give you hands-on control over all the most popular plug-ins and devices. To top it off we included 16 of the best velocity- and pressure-sensitive drum pads on the market.
We understand the needs keyboard players have, and with an 88-note keyboard in your workspace you still need to have access to the creative devices you use. So we expanded the real-world usability of the KeyLab 88 with some simple but exceptionally useful features.
First, we included a removable music stand that can not only hold your favorite fake book of 10,000 songs, but also double as an iPad stand. Whether you prefer landscape mode, as when using your favorite iOS synths and DAWs, or portrait mode for sheet music apps, the KeyLab 88 can accommodate your needs.
We also provide an extension shelf for the right rear section of the KeyLab 88, which creates a large work surface for placement of your laptop or a small synth (like a MicroBrute) right on top. This gives you unsurpassed access to the devices you need without resorting to other stands or awkward working solutions.
TAE® powered sounds
Arturia synhtesizer models are based on our proprietary True Analog Emulation® Technology. The Mini V, Modular V, CS-80 V, ARP 2600 V, Jup-8 V, Prophet V, Prophet VS, SEM V, Matrix-12 V, Solina V, B-3 V, Vox Continental V, Farfisa V . These TAE® powered sounds offer unparalleled audio quality.
- Keyboard : 88 note hammer-action Fatar keybed with velocity and aftertouch.
- Controls : 2 clickable encoders, 6 transport switches, 1 modulation wheel, 1 pitch bend wheel, two banks of 10 encoders, two banks of 9 sliders, 1 volume encoder, 10 assignable switches and 16 backlit pads with velocity and pressure sensitivity.
- Connectors : MIDI in & out, USB, Sustain pedal, Expression pedal, Aux footswitch, and Breath controller.
- High quality aluminum and wood construction.
- 32-digit LCD screen.
- Functions as a universal MIDI controller.
- Use with Analog Lab or with any other MIDI software.
- Product dimensions : 129.5/35/11 cm - Net weight : 13 Kg
- Includes Analog Lab with 5000 synth sounds
- All presets are carefully selected from Arturia’s virtual synths. These TAE® powered sounds offer unparalleled audio quality.
- Quickly filter the presets according to your criteria: by Instrument, by Type (Bass, Pads, Leads, etc.), or by Characteristics (long, bright, dark, etc.).
- In-depth Preset editing available for owners of Arturia synthesizers (mini V, CS-80 V, etc.). Edit your sounds on the original instruments within Analog Lab.
- Straightforward editing, with a complete array of parameters for tweaking sounds, directly assigned to the controls of the KeyLab 88.