Spark 2 contains a dedicated, built-in step sequencer that allows you to get creative quickly and start writing your own patterns.
The sequencer page displays 32 steps at all times, making it easy to visualize your patterns, and all 16 of the instruments in your project are displayed on screen simultaneously.
Automation is what takes a simple pattern or sound and transforms it into music. Spark 2 contains multiple ways to create and edit automation; for example, you can use the XY pad or the Pencil and Line tools on the Pattern/Automation page.
All instrument and insert effect parameters can be automated within Spark 2. The step sequencer allows the automation of 15 different parameters per instrument, plus full automation of all the insert effects parameters for each instrument.
Mixer & Effects
Spark 2's mixer gives you a familiar interface for controlling the level, pan, insert effects and sends of your instruments. Each of these parameters can be automated in the Pattern page.
Each drum instrument can be processed through 14 unique, professional-grade effects: compressor, reverb, bit crusher, multiband EQ, chorus, delay, distortion, phaser, plate reverb, destroyer, flanger, space pan, limiter and sub generator.
TAE® Analog Synthesis
Spark 2's sound engine embeds our TAE® technology, which stands for True Analog Emulation. TAE® is an unprecedented way of modeling and creating the specific sounds from classic analog synthesizers such as the Yamaha CS-80, Roland Jupiter 8 or Oberheim SEM.
Incorporating this award-winning technology into SparkLE has allowed us to recreate all the punch, warmth and thickness of the sounds from the most sought-after analog drum machines in the world.
Physical modeling is a technique of synthesizing the properties of natural objects when they are struck or plucked. At its most basic level it allows you to create very dynamic and accurate acoustic sounds. But physical modeling can be pushed to create wild, new sounds the world has never heard. This gives Spark 2 a whole new method of sound creation that no other drum machine can offer.
Here is an example of changing the drumstick placement on a snare drum in a physical model:
Changing the timbre allows you to get the desired tonal texture for your drums:
Spark 2's engine can also lead you to produce experimental sounds you might have never heard before:
Sampling & REX
Samples and REX files can be used as sources as part of Spark's modular synth. Used this way, the various modules provide vast possibilities for reworking and modifying the original sampled sound. This way you get the best of both worlds, the simplicity of working with samples combined with the rich sonic possibilities of analog.
- : Win 7+ PC: 4 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU.
2GB free hard disk space
- : 10.8+: 4 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU.
2GB free hard disk space
Works in Standalone, VST 2.4 (32-bit and 64-bit), AAX (32 bits with PT 10.3.8, 64 bits with PT 11), Audio Unit (32-bit and 64-bit).
The software is protected by the Arturia Software Center. You can learn more about it here.
- Pristine quality sound engines including: TAE® analog synthesis, physical modeling, and multi-layered samples provided by our top-tier development partners
- 1900+ instruments / 180+ kits:
- Vintage drum machines: analog emulations of the TR-808, TR-909, TR-606, Simmons SDS-V, and Eprom-based Linn Drum, Drumtraks, DMX, Drumulator and more
- 10 emulations from Spark Vintage Drum Machines: CR-78, Mini Pops 7, Ace Tone FR-2L, Yamaha MR 10, Maestro Rhythm King MRK2, Boss DR-55, E-mu SP-12, Roland TR-727, Roland R-8, Casio VL-Tone and SK-1
- Electronic kits covering the most popular modern music styles: EDM, Dubstep, Hip Hop, RnB and Pop, etc., as well as experimental kits developed with our physical modeling engine
- Acoustic drum kits mixing physical modeling and samples for highly realistic sound
- 64-step sequencer
- Shuffle and shift modes to humanize grooves
- Advanced loop mode with Divide and Move functions
- Choke groups to mute instruments naturally
- 16-tuning mode available from pads and Step buttons
- Modular Drum synth editor:
- Create your own patches
- Edit existing patches
- Create custom instrument macro control modules including:
- Multimode fil