Making the model
Every point in the signal path is important when modeling the sound of such a revered instrument.
So to establish the proper foundation, we perfectly recreated the tonal characteristics of the original 2 oscillators and their waveforms in Matrix-12 V. And it was equally critical to capture every nuance of its 15 filter modes, so we kept at it until they had been modeled perfectly!
Another factor in defining the complex sound of the Matrix-12 was the amazing number of modulation sources and destinations it provided. This was a level of sophistication previously only available in a fully modular system.
So to complete the emulation we modeled these capabilities also, even surpassing them. With a nearly endless number of possible modulation routings in Matrix-12 V you can create sounds with highly organic qualities not found in other synthesizers.
The power of perfection
While the Matrix-12 was amazing in itself, we pushed it further by adding a new effects chain for further processing of the sound.
We also expanded the maximum number of modulation routings from 20 to 40, giving you even more creative freedom. Add to this the ability to control all the parameters via MIDI, and now you can do automations in a DAW or manually that could never be done before.
Arturia continues to excel in making vintage synthesizers available as soft synths. Their latest Matrix 12 is a dream come trueJason Miles
( Producer - Composer )
With the Matrix 12 , Arturia has faithfully recreated a classic machine. Excellent sounds and great functionality! I look forward to adding these to list of Arturia products already featured in my studio set up.DJ Sasha
( DJ/ Producer )
A downtempo track with strong eerie feeling, taking advantage of the various filters modes, on board effects and voice parameters to fill the stereo width and audio spectrum.
This minimalist demo features a light lead, the "Mountain Echo" preset, and a filter glide effect which take you to an other dimension.
- Two oscillators, each offering triangle, sawtooth and variable-width pulse wave with PWM.
- Oscillator 2 also function as a white noise generator.
- Oscillator 1 or the Filter can be frequency modulated.
- Single filter with 15 modes: 4 Low Pass, 3 High Pass, 2 Band Pass modes, Notch and Phase Shift plus four additional "combo" filter modes.
- Ultra-powerful modulation matrix with 27 sources and 47 destinations.
- Sources include 5 envelopes, 5 LFOs, 4 Ramp, 3 Track generators, Velocity, Pressure, Keyboard follow, and more.
- Two insert effect slots with six studio-grade effects available.
- 12 voices of polyphony like the original instrument
- Works in Standalone, VST, VST3, AU, AAX.